Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sitting Still

I have a to-do list about 30 items long, and I'm ignoring it to watch Burl Ives sing about lingering on the front porch.

The transition out of school yesterday felt clean and right, and I had a great day.

I'm feeling tremendously boring lately, and I quite like it. I'm sure I'll find some passionate stirrings sometime very soon, surges of feeling and discovery, but right now, I'm loving just sitting still and looking at my pink walls.

Our great first-day-of-vacation Field Trip is tomorrow, and it will be so nice to spend time with the girls that doesn't consist of running errands. We haven't had a Destination: Fun event in a long time.

I literally have nothing to say of any interest to anyone. Not today, not on the first day of vacation. My thoughts are of Wilbur's ice cream and Hayley Mills and the potential of a third cup of coffee.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to see you! Enjoy the coffee.... Do you have a keurig? I love mine!

    ReplyDelete