Thursday, May 6, 2010

Clicking My Heels Three Times...

Sorry for the lack of posting - so much to say, so little time to say it!!

We spent last weekend painting painting painting, and got nearly done (thanks to Chris, who pitched in all day on Sunday, and my mom, who took the girls to various activities so we could stay home and work!) After a few mishaps and a lot of dirty dirtiness, (and not even in the good way) we got close to done. Not all the way, but it's a work in progress. The floors have been laid during this week, and tomorrow...tomorrow! Tomorrow we move in. Tomorrow morning, when I leave the Vacation House at 7:00 a.m., I will be going Home.

Between this afternoon and tomorrow morning, I have to conduct Seussical Jr. twice, feed pizza to 90 starving middle school kids, finish scrubbing the Vacation House from roof to basement, and finish packing, running laundry, and cleaning out the fridge. No problemo...'cause there will be coffee in the world. (Thank you, Andrea, Goddess of Coffee and Choreography!)

I will post pictures at the start of next week, promise. Well, as soon as I find the cord that connects my camera to my computer. So...yeah. Needle in a haystack and all that.

I have nothing of interest to post right now, other than being utterly, totally exhausted and completely energized at the same time.

And my girls have a concert tonight that I have to miss. I HATE when they have a thing that I have to miss. My mother never missed one single thing when I was in school - every concert, every parent visitor day anything, and she was there. I hate not being That Mom, because I'm trying to be That Teacher, or That Anything Else, for that matter. It's almost worse, too, when Amelia says, all earnestly, "It's okay, Mom. Of course we understand. You have to do what you have to do." Ouch. Patrick and my mom will be there, but still...I'm the Mommy, you know? I'll try to make up for it with some happy Welcome Home energy this weekend.

Oh, I just can't wait to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment