Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Thoughts

I am feeling oddly cheerful and buoyant today. I haven't felt this way in a long time. I just realized that I have less I have to do this weekend than I have in weeks, and that this weekend I will actually be able to find and unpack my leather boots and cozy sweaters in time for Apple Picking with my mom on Sunday. (I was hoping to have time to buy an orchard-strolling hat, like that lady in the Target commercial, but hey, you can't have everything.) I got a piece of happy news this week about an upcoming project, so I have something kind of quietly shiny in my soul to think about and look forward to. I had lots of child-care help from Andrea this week which made me feel secure and supported. I was able to help out a friend that I love, making me feel secure and supportive. I have a date with a friend to see my favorite blogging-mama speak, and I made hotel reservations for the wedding of year, lakeside on a crisp autumn day at which, among the many joyful things about this event, I'll get to see both Craig and Elise, so multiple blessings there. I got to eat take-out and watch Glee with Patrick even though the party fell through, and I'm reading a really good book.

Even though it's Crazy Time, today is just feeling like a really good day.

I have Open House tonight, which I don't really enjoy, but my secret teacher-confessional is that it's always a fun time to see which kids have hot dads. Don't judge me. You'd totally do it to, if you were me.

2 comments:

  1. Hah! Love the last paragraph :) Yay for a joyful day! I'm off to cut my hair. Love you sooo much. Have a great time apple picking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something quietly shiny in your soul is about the best thing one can have. :)

    ReplyDelete