Friday, April 23, 2010

Seeing the Sunrise

My cat yells me awake just before 6 every morning. I don't really mind it during the week because my alarm goes off shortly after 6 anyhow, so I just get up, feed her, make the coffee, and sometimes sit and watch a little of channel 5 morning news before I get into the shower.

My cat, however, has no concept of vacations and/or weekends. Sometimes Patrick will get up and lock her in the downstairs bathroom so we both can sleep, but once I'm up, I'm up.

The pond is pretty in the early morning, though, and I like to be awake, alone, while my family is still snoozing and cozy. I have also inheirited from Mom and Auntie a bizarre Holiday Insomnia Disorder, where we can't sleep if we get ourselves too excited about something. I'm too excited to be in my house later this morning, counting window shades, looking at paint chips in the light, and doing a little bonding with my house.

I cannot believe that it will be ours in one more week.

No comments:

Post a Comment