Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Helen of Troy

Dear Sixth Grade Boys,

I am so sorry that the video we watched on the history versus myth of the Trojan War had slides of famous paintings of Helen of Troy. I am also sorry that the beautiful Helen has inspired painters and sculptors to paint her topless for the past two thousand years. I am further sorry that it's called the TROJAN war, and that some scientist in his infinite wisdom decided to name condoms after a thing that future middle school teachers would have to say repeatedly. All of these are beyond my control.

I would respectfully request, though, that you HOLD IT TOGETHER. I know it's spring, I know there's precious little to laugh about in sixth grade, but we only have thirty more days to go so let's try to help each other, shall we?

Sincerely,
Your Teacher

1 comment: