Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Die, Vampire!

First, this was an accident, but this turns out to be post 101 on my blog. 101 is my magical number. I wish I had something more poignant to say.

I'm working heads-down on my play tonight, and I'm beginning to fear that it's going to be just an extended episode of Glee, without the music. Which, when you think of it, is worse than nothing. There's a song in (title of show) about Psychic Vampires...something about wanting to make your art but knowing in your middle-of-the-night voice that there's really no point, that Sondheim and Sedaris did it better. You have to wrestle that Vampire down and paint your picture or do your sparkly dance or sing your song or write your play, no matter how convincing the nay-sayers might seem. (If you don't know that show, you simply MUST listen. Love it!!!) I don't need to win any prizes for this little play or anything, but I have about the coolest kids in the world looking forward to this, and I want to have something to share that will do justice to their time and their energy.

So, I will continue trying to kick the mother-effing Vampires in the teeth and keep on writing. I'm halfway through Act One.

Onward...

No comments:

Post a Comment