Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Day After

So, I feel sort of silly for posting that after my second cocktail last night. Overall, I just want to say that this kid was an amazing kid, and he was loved by so many people. I just wrote all of that about Beauty and the Beast because that was how I knew him best. That was such a small piece of the whole. There was so much more to him than what I knew. I know that.

I didn't expect that he'd be the lead media story on every station tonight. I really hate that. I hate that the freaking news people hijacked my cast today and interviewed them after rehearsal while my back was turned. I am really pissed off about it, to tell the truth. Not that they said anything bad, but still...no cameras should have been turned on my students, minors, without permission of the adult in charge, which was me. Goddammit.

I am trying very hard to be comforting to my students, to be there for them as they wade through all of this. And I feel very torn. Tomorrow will be a big meeting and they'll talk about him, and everything that happened, and I won't be able to help, because I'll be at my "other job." It's hard to have two separate jobs. I just want to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment