Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey calling...

I woke up 5:00 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. I'm not sure if it's my subconcious attempt to prepare for my Black Friday Shopping Mania (4:00 a.m. at Kohl's? Anyone else?) It could also be that, even though I'm not cooking this year, somewhere, in my sense memory of womanhood, there's a phantom turkey to be put in the oven this morning.

Instead, I'm on the couch, drinking coffee, eagerly awaiting the start of the Today show so I can watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day preparations, and then the parade itself as I bake cheesecake, prepare my little family for the drive to Patrick's brother's house in New Hampshire, and map out tomorrow's shopping route.

Very thankful for the sale of my house to lovely people, for my smart, healthy, brilliant children, for the many wonderful plans for the upcoming holiday season, for my loving husband, my sweet Mom, my magnificent friends, and a truly Wonderful Life.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment